The outstanding individuals who comprise the College of Fine Arts Dean’s Advisory Board include alumni of many of our top programs, from theatre and dance to art and design, and everything in between. Many members are not alumni but have become strong supporters of our students and programs through other avenues. Every member is a person of insight and accomplishment who maintains a strong attachment to The Florida State University, and particularly to the great arts programs housed within our College.
The Board meets four times annually and is actively engaged throughout the year in helping the College meet its vision of becoming the top-ranked institution for visual arts, theatre, and dance in the country. Members advise the Dean and other administrators based upon their own professional and personal experiences, and help us focus on our values:
- Put students at the forefront of all efforts and prepare them for successful academic and professional careers.
- Emphasize care and attention to the needs of each student by maintaining manageable class sizes and providing individual guidance.
- Respect the full range of the arts and scholarship, from old to new and from mainstream to highly innovative.
- Serve as an educational, professional, and cultural resource in the arts, theatre and dance for the entire campus community, state, and nation.
- Stress innovative guest series that invite prominent artists and scholars who involve students and faculty with current issues in the arts and expose them to a wide range of practices and research.
Current Board Members:
Audra Price Pittman